Sunday 1 November 2009

CRUSH - Halloween

The opening night went well with about 15 people joining myself and Esmiel for our sets celebrating Halloween.

During both the sets there was a competition for best Halloween fancy dress and Esmiel was voted by all to be the winner, he promptly put the prize money in the sploder, which I think ended up with a payout of over 3,900L$ Well done to the main beneficiary of that who I believe was Gregoire with a win of over 2,000L$.

Played some horror related stuff in my set, but tried to steer clear of the obvious tunes and hopefully I played some stuff that others had not heard before. My set list is below.

Anberlin - Breaking
Amely - On My Own
A Rocket to the Moon - Dakota
New Found Glory - Listen To Your Friends
All Time Low - Weightless
The All-American Rejects... - I Wanna
Cute Is What We Aim For - Marriage To Millions
Boys Like Girls - Love Drunk
Faber Drive - Second Chance
Fall Out Boy - Beat It
Thrice - All the World Is Mad
Hollywood Undead - Sell Your Soul
Karate High School - The Secret Handshake
Taking Back Sunday - What's It Feel Like to Be a Ghost?
Panic! At the Disco - Nine In the Afternoon
My Favorite Highway - Go
The Used - Wake the Dead
Matchbook Romance - Monsters
Jeffree Star - Beauty Killer
Blood On the Dance Floor - Blood On the Dance Floor
The Friday Night Boys - Suicide Sunday
Cobra Starship - Good Girls Go Bad
Breathe Carolina - IDGAF
Dashboard Confessional - These Bones
MGMT - Time to Pretend
Hellogoodbye - Here (In Your Arms)
Mumford & Sons - Little Lion Man
Plain White T's - Natural Disaster
School Boy Humor - Camera Shy
The Academy Is - Summer Hair = Forever Young
Frankmusik - Gotta Boyfriend?
Robbie Williams - Bodies
Goldfinger - One More Time
The White Tie Affair - Take It Home
The Used - Men are all the same

I didn’t get any pictures of the club with its Halloween decorations up, which was a shame as I thought the decorations were pretty cool, but it all had to be stripped out today and the club put back to normal.

So, a new venue with a new style playing the best alternative rock and punk around is now open. See you there.

1 comment:

  1. A damn good night, I had alot of fun. I hope we can have many more good ones like that :D

    ReplyDelete